My Intrepid World

I am so honored to share my intrepid journey with you.
Honestly, I have no words big enough to express how incredibly excited I am that I finally get to launch this website.
I have spent years dreaming of this site.
And like so many creative endeavors, it’s been a very twisty, swirly, winding path to get here!
And yes, I realize, this is actually only the beginning!

So to start, let’s begin with what I mean when I talk about being Intrepid and what it has to do with, well, everything!

Merriam-Webster Defines Intrepid as being:
an adjective
1. resolutely fearless; dauntless: an intrepid explorer.
2. characterized by fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance
Some of my other favorite words to define Intrepid are as follows:
unafraid, undaunted, unflinching, unshrinking, bold, daring, audacious, adventurous, heroic, dynamic, spirited, indomitable; brave, courageous, valiant, valorous, stouthearted, stalwart, plucky, gutsy, gutty, spunky, ballsy.

I am guessing by now, you get what I am going after…

So what does this have to do with Art?

Well, the short answer is…
As we both know, life in general is pretty complicated.
And being human can be so incredibly convoluted and often tricky.
So much heartache tangled up with so much exquisite beauty.
How does one reconcile these diametric discrepancies?

Well… the answer for me is to live Intrepidly.

Life has so much to do about hurting and healing.
As as crazy as it sounds,
I believe we come here as humans to learn through our experiences and to grow…if we choose.
The truth is hurting is an inevitable byproduct of being alive… and (here’s the rub)…
Healing is a choice.
So there we go.

I promise you, Intrepid Joy doesn’t necessarily mean living in a continuous bliss-ed out state of joy. I take lot of little detours and gnash and fight with reality… I might even swear a tiny bit. (After all I am a Sparkle Pirate). But ultimately… I come back home to myself and reconnect to the part of my Soul and Spirit that is imploring me to be claim my one precious life!

I love to explore all these elements of hurting and healing, evolving and transforming in my ART.
It helps me to process all the things that awe and unsettle me.

Intrepid Living and my Art for me is all about accepting this complexity and agreeing to (despite the challenges and the strife) say a RESOUNDING YES to being alive and to the gifts that come from choosing to grow and transcend.

With all my Heart I Believe…

At your very essence, you are creative and courageous.
Your life and special talents are essential gifts and only YOU can claim them.
The health and happiness of the world depends on you to expressing your voice and your passion.

It takes clarity and commitment to stay on course and make your dreams come true.
And I believe the only way to attain true peace and satisfaction is to live “on purpose”, step into your biggest most brilliant self and declare your INTREPID JOY.

That is what I am here to do. And this website is here to catalogue my journey.
How about you?

Will you come fly with me? Let’s claim our Intrepid Joy together!

{ 16 comments… add one }
  • Deborah Penner August 12, 2016, 5:15 pm

Yes!!! Yes yes yes yes yes!!! I love everything about the word “intrepid” and most specifically, I love undaunted, unflinching! Those are the two words from the list that reach into the deepest place in me.

• Shelby Frago August 12, 2016, 6:43 pm

Me too Deborah! I also love “indomitable”! I am so excited to have you with me on this Intrepid Journey! Much love to you Beautiful Woman. xo

• Sue Ann Gleason August 13, 2016, 7:44 pm

Tah dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s gorgeous. All of it. xxoo

• Shelby Frago August 15, 2016, 7:21 am

Thank you so much sweet love! It only took how long to get to this place??? And I can’t tell you how deeply grateful I feel to have your support all along the way. You are the most beautiful angel to my creative heart. xo

• Jane Bell Lassiter August 13, 2016, 8:46 pm

My smile for you is soooo very big! {{{U}}}

• Shelby Frago August 15, 2016, 7:21 am

And mine is for YOU amazing woman!!! Thank you so much!!! xo

• Kate Magee August 13, 2016, 11:45 pm

Congratulations on the launch of your new adventure and continued journey. Well done!

• Shelby Frago August 15, 2016, 7:22 am

Thank you beautiful Kate!!! I so appreciate your wonderful wishes! xo

• Nadine Hamil August 14, 2016, 1:12 pm

Wishing you continued MAGIC Shelby. <3

• Shelby Frago August 15, 2016, 7:23 am

And I do you sweet Nadine!!! Thank you with all my heart! xo

• Jane Ann Harper August 14, 2016, 10:56 pm

Beautifully spoken!!!! Congratulations! I look forward to traveling with you.

• Shelby Frago August 15, 2016, 7:25 am

Yes Jane Ann! Let’s have an amazing adventure together!!! I am so excited to be a cohort with you! 😉

• Teresa Howard August 15, 2016, 3:35 am

What a heartfelt beginning, my new friend. I SO resonate with every word you stated in this post. I’m excited to see that you are a gifted writer as well as a talented and unique creator. Writing and creativity are dear to my heart as well. I have had two blogs in the past, and am in the process of developing my 3rd, which will be my first one devoted to creating from the soul. I feel as if I’m walking with you on Bainbridge Island, chatting over what is near and dear to our hearts, and loving the journey we are on. Blessings, Dear One.

• Shelby Frago August 15, 2016, 7:31 am

Meeting you Teresa was such a highlight and a gift! Thank you for your sweet words. As much as I love color, I LOVE words and meaning and expressing from a heartfelt place! I am so excited you are walking with me…(you will love Bainbridge Island). And yes please let’s keep this sacred and juicy conversation about soul creation going! It is such an honor and a blessing to know you and to get to grow and become with you! Blessings to you as well. xo

• Marci August 15, 2016, 6:31 am

I never thought of myself as an artist. Meeting you made my heart soar and reading this makes me believe I could be intrepid, too. So blessed knowing that I get to know you!

• Shelby Frago August 15, 2016, 7:36 am

Marci! You are a gorgeous Heart Artist!!! Meeting you this past month has been a tremendous and magical gift! And the extra time we got to spend together was the cherry and double frosting on top!!! YUM!!! Oh my stars how did I get so lucky?!!! You are an indomitable spirit of the most exquisite kind! And I am so excited to watch you unfold and declare your Intrepid YOU!!! I am so honored we get to do this together!!! xo